Friday, October 5, 2012

Light the Night Edmonton

The Annual Light the Night walk for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada happened on Friday, Sept. 28, 2012 in Edmonton. My hubby was walking, and had introduced me to the lovely Katie Suvanto | Light the Night Campaign Manager earlier this summer. I tagged along to the walk, camera in hand to get some photos for Katie. It was an amazingly beautiful fall night here is Edmonton, warm and dry and absolutely perfect for an evening in the park. The event started with a picnic like setting, complete with face painting, food and a pink firetruck! 

Dancers from Bedouin Beats lead a warm up for the approximately 1000 (yes, one thousand) walkers just before dusk. The firetruck sounded it's siren to signal the start of the 5K walk along Victoria Park Road. By the time the walkers returned, the sun had set and the full effect of the lighted balloons could be seen. The walkers raised over $250,000 for this great cause! 

I'm very pleased that I took in the evening and got some great photos for a great lady. 



 And, on the eve of Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada, I am thankful for my wonderful family, my health, and my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment