Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Red and Yellow, Orange and Gold

The wicked winds today have likely ended most of the fall color show here in Edmonton. Luckily, I took advantage of the morning light yesterday and spent a bit of time exploring the shrubs around the garden here at Windermere Studios. I experimented with the 135mmf2 and a really narrow depth of field, trying to include rich background colors as part of the composition.



The evening before, I'd revisited a technique I first tried last fall, moving the camera while shooting with a slow shutter speed to create painting like images. The colors of fall seem to be especially well suited subject matter for this.


There are beautiful things all around us. Making time to notice and find interesting ways to capture them is why I take photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment